Friday, July 13, 2007

"Last Remaining" Update

I've just mastered two other features of JMonkeyEngine - fog and stars! Actually, after thinking about it, the two are pretty much exclusive, as if there's fog you shouldn't be able to see any stars. However, as my previous post alluded to, realism isn't the name of the game.


Unfortnately, the non-disclosure agreement I have with myself prevents me from telling you what this particular map is, whether it is populated by unfriendly aliens, or where it fits into the story. It may or may not be set in space, and may or may not be some kind of spaceship, and the aliens may or may not want to kill you.

What I can tell you is that I've added some rudimentary sound effects (always good for atmos) and even some fitting music. No word back from Sourceforge yet though...

3 comments:

pzi said...

You can have fog and stars together, if you put the fogstate on a subnode of your scene, not on your starts, i think :)

Steve said...

Thanks for the tip; however, I'd managed to add fog and stars together already (as you'll be able to see from the screenshot). What my post alluded to was that, as in real-life, if there's fog then you shouldn't be able to see any stars! :)

pzi said...

then sorry for stressing you with my stupid advice! :-D The screenshots look great, I like'em a lot! Grats!