Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I got the call!

Last month I got an email from someone at Intel asking if he could call me about porting Stellar Forces to work on AppUp. We did, and had a quick chat about it and AppUp in general, which seems like Intel's take on the AppStore/Marketplace. I checked out the documentation that was emailed to me, and looked at the website. It wasn't going to be a small job, they obviously weren't going to pay me to do it, and it's a free game so I make no money from it anyway.

However, eventually I came to a page that listed the Java SDKs, and noticed the lack of a Linux version. I sent an email back to confirm if this was the case, which would be a showstopper for me. That was about 4 weeks ago and I've still not had a reply.

It's a bit crap that they expect me to spend the time converting a game to their system (without any financial benefit) but they can't even be bothered to send an email as soon as there's nothing in it for them.

No comments: