Monday, January 09, 2017

Unnamed Horror Game

My newest project is going to be a 3D Horror Game.  I think 3D is the way to go (hello 1995!) these days; it may be harder, but for me at least, simple 2D games just don't interest me, and certainly don't interest my kids who are my main audience.  With this in mind I thought a horror game that scares them would be fun.

Here's the very first video.  it's just me walking around:-



It's written in Java using the excellent JMonkeyEngine for the 3D.  I did have a look at using LibGDX which is also very good.  However, for the physics aspect at least, it was just a "leaky" wrapper for Bullet.  Bullet is written in C, and so even in Java it seemed to be a case of remembering to dispose of objects and other things I'd hoped to never have to do again.

No comments: